This week, we’re asking tough questions about international development at Healing Solidarity (September 17-21), a free online conference guided by a diverse cast of critical thinkers.
How can we address discrimination within organizations? How do we care for ourselves and others as we engage with emotional work? What do grassroots activists really need from funders?
If you too are asking these kinds of questions, register for the week of events at healingsolidarity.org. Listen to talks, participate in online workshops, and tune in to live Q&As via the Facebook group.
Among the speakers are JASS ED Lisa VeneKlasen, Shereen Essof and Marusia Lopez. They’ll share our tools for organizations, activists, and movements to build feminist leadership and deconstruct power within international development.
This page hosts resources related to the conference topics so you can bring lessons to your own practice. Follow #HealingSolidarity on Twitter and Instagram, where we’re sharing our favorite quotes every day.
To get started, check out this piece by JASS ED Lisa VeneKlasen, How Does Change Happen: Reflections about power, movement-building, and our feminist futures.
Day 1, schedule and recorded talks here.
- Deconstructing and transforming power in our movements and organizations
- Collective care, solidarity, and building safe spaces
- Wellbeing and self-care (download tool-pack “HMB/Integral Protection: Risk, Security and Self-Care”)
- Feminist popular education: politicizing the personal
- Feminist leadership how-to’s (download tool-pack “Feminist Leadership / Leadership Development”)
- Narratives: why do they matter?
- The value of cross-regional dialogues (page 3-5)
Day 2, schedule and recorded talks here.
- Closing civil space: What is it? How does it affect activism? How do we respond?
- Reenvisioning power in justice, equality, and peace
- Rethinking power and protection of activists
- Reflecting on the feminist future of women’s rights
- Transformative feminist leadership
Day 3, schedule and recorded talks here.
- Young women’s political participation
- How to: Create safe spaces (download tool-pack “Openings, Safe Space and Closings”)
- Healing Justice podcast on collective care practices
- Building political participation and collective power
- Shared issues, organization, and leadership